To provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which the needs of all children and their families are recognised and supported in a caring sensitive manner.
Respect, Equity and Integrity
- To support children to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum appropriate to the needs of all children whilst promoting Learning for sustainability.
- To provide a safe secure and caring environment
- To encourage parents, carers and families to be actively involved in the nursery and contribute to their child’s learning.
- To actively engage with the local and wider community.
- To establish good relationships and teamwork through communication, improvement planning and high-quality leadership where staff feel valued consulted, respected and supported.
- To provide a range of policies which reflect local and national priorities and nursery vision, values and aims.
- To work closely with local primary schools to ensure smooth nursery /school transition.
We also aim to encourage and enable children to explore and learn about the world around them by:
• Using the experience and skills of staff, parents and the wider community to enhance learning opportunities.
• Utilising the facilities of the Nursery, Kirkintilloch and the wider community to best advantage.
• Raising children’s awareness of Scotland and being Scottish.
• Providing a broad, balanced range of activities and experiences in accordance with national and local curriculum guidelines.
• Ensuring children are stimulated and motivated.
• Observing and planning appropriate activities and learning to meet the needs of every child.
• Teaching children the skills they need for lifelong learning.
• Promoting an ethos of enjoyment and achievement.