St. Mary’s Nursery was established in 1965. We currently have 60 places for children aged 3 to 5 years and we work in partnership with East Dunbartonshire Council Education Department, Early Years Section. The nursery is open every weekday morning from 8.45am until 11.45am. For the convenience of those who work, children may be dropped of at 8.30am by prior arrangement with staff. The Nursery follows East Dunbartonshire school holiday pattern.
In St. Mary’s Nursery School we aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum, which is appropriate to the needs of all children and is motivating, challenging and enables them to reach their potential.
- Provide a safe, happy and attractive learning environment that is well resourced.
- Support and develop the skill of staff in order to provide an effective learning and teaching environment of the highest quality.
- Follow East Dunbartonshire Council guidelines to promote equality of opportunity, paying due regard without discrimination to disabilities, additional support needs, gender, religious persuasion, racial origin and to the cultural and linguistic background of the children and parents.
- Foster productive partnerships with children, parents, outside agencies and the wider community.
- Help children to become independent learners, to be aware of their social responsibilities, be creative, healthy and develop and positive attitude to life.
- Involve all staff, children and parents in the evaluation and development of the nursery to ensure overall effectiveness within the service.
The nursery is inspected by
Education Scotland www.educationscotland.gov.uk
Care Inspectorate www.scswis.com CS2003003638
Inspection reports are available on line and in the nursery.
Our Privacy Notice